Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Love & Hate

Anyone have a love & hate relationship with their computer? I should say more love/hate towards the internet. I love the fact that I have an endless amount of information at my fingertips. I love that I don't have to use any money to develop pictures, get an envelope, and pay for stamps so that my family can enjoy the pictures that I take. I love that I can look up recipes with just the ingredients that I have in my pantry, & the wonderful internet will drum up something that I can make for dinner  (thank you supercook.com). I love the insane ideas I get to repurpose items in my house. I love all the free advice on sewing & crafting... I could go on & on, but I'll stop right there. Now, I don't allow my kids to use the word hate because that's just too strong of an emotion to express at a young age... Heck, I don't even like saying hate... but let me tell you I really do hate how time consuming it can get!!! I'm finding myself addicted to searching for crafts, checking my emails, checking craigslist, looking for good recipes... ugh! I know... fine time to start a blog right?! Whoever thought of the iPhone was a evil genius too! I don't think I use my phone to make very many phone calls. Most of it is txt msgs, emails, or using safari to search the internet. How did I get sucked into this vortex of instant gratification? I can only thank the flesh and sinful side of me to allow such a dependency. I am going to start limiting myself & my time on the internet. I do this with my kids & how much TV or video games they're allowed to play. Why? When they continually play video games or watch TV, they are less likely to engage in conversation, or even listen to me. They get so engulfed with visual stimulation that when it's time to sit down and be quiet it's almost impossible for them to do so. Same with me. I lay down for bed, and instead of allowing my mind to clear itself enough to fall asleep I grab my phone & pass the time on pinterest (which is highly addicting). Next thing I know a hour has passed by & I'm still not asleep!! So today it stops. Most of my posts will be in the afternoon time (during my boys nap). That way I can think, have time to relax, and write about what's on my mind. I still curse the internet, but love it at the same time. I just need to ween myself off the addiction :) Anyone else with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment