Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'll get you my pretty....

So here's another craft project I've done recently. The actual idea came from Pinterest (that darn addictive website), and the website that featured this idea was Laura Thoughts. Here's her version:


Here's my version:


I wanted to show the detail on the edges a little closer:


Finished product in the bathroom:


I found a metal board at a garage sale for $2. It looked like an artist canvas except metal, but you could also use a cookie sheet. You probably want to to tape a large piece of paper over the entire board and edges because when I tried to glue black paper directly onto the metal, it fell off. So I did cover my board with paper and taped it around to the back so that I could use spray adhesive to glue the pictures onto the paper. I found these pics out of a book that had a bunch of information about old movies. I figure it kinda fits the theme. Movie stars use makeup. I like to make my makeup look movie star-ish. Whatever... I tried.

Anyhow, I laid out my pictures, used spray adhesive to attach them, and then I sponged black acryllic paint around the entire edge of the frame. Then, I applied a coat of Mod Podge over the whole thing. Next, I hot glued small magnets (I found at a local craft store) onto some of the eye shadows (like the MAC, and Maybelline eye shadows), however on some of my eye shadows I didn't have to glue them on. The metal inside the case that holds the shadows was a strong enough for the magnet to attach itself (like the Cover Girl, the Mary Kay, and the Prestige eyeshadows). Sweet!

For my brushes, I found my crock (the ceramic thing holding my makeup brushes) at goodwill for $4! "Hi, I'm Angel , and I'm a goodwill addict." All I did was fill the crock 7/8 with split peas (that we purchased 2 years ago? Yah, so no chance of eating those... Do they even go bad? In any case, they're good for decorating), then I used some glass like rocks (found at walmart) to put on the top of the split peas. I tossed my brushes in handle down, & I was good to go! I also decided to put my eyeliners and eye shadow crayons with the color side up so I could find them easier. Now all I have to do is hang the dang thing up! Yah, just like my previous frame.... still a problem with me :) Hope you like it!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment