Friday, October 14, 2011

Diving into Esther



Ooh! How exciting! I just began my bible study yesterday. I'm studying the book of Esther through the Esther series, "It's tough being a woman" by Beth Moore. Can I just say that I love this woman! I've taken this study before, and I was so moved. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish the last 2 weeks when I previously did this study, so I'd like to see what I had missed. I also wanted to see how my answers differed (if my perspective has changed..etc). I can't wait to dig into this study because I know it was great. I can't remember all of it, but I remember having that feeling of being empowered. I was proud to be a woman, and I accepted things about myself more than I used to. If you're a woman, this study is sooooo for you. Especially if you're tired of reading about how all the men did great things in the bible, and you're wondering, "Well, besides Mary & Ruth... what other women had something to bring to the table?!" Esther, Esther, Esther....

I love the beginning & knowing the history behind the story. Seeing that I don't dedicate as much time as I should to read the bible, this is a perfect way to keep me on track. Anyone else have that problem? I don't do things unless I'm accountable! For example, if my hubby is busy & won't be home until later.... the dishes don't get done as quickly, dinner is late or I'll feed the kids oatmeal & apples instead, laundry doesn't get folded, movies are constantly playing on the tv.... oh wait! I just explained my Saturdays - HA! Just kidding. No really... I'm more laid back on my duties as a housewife if I know I can put it off until later. I'm the world's greatest procrastinator, and God is showing me that it's easier to get things done sooner than later. My laundry is a pure example!!

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed about balancing time between being a woman after God's own heart (which should always come first), wife (which is the second priority), mother (which is third priority..... if things aren't good between you & your hubby...  it trickles down into parenting your children & how your kids behave), maid, bill payer, teacher, friend, chauffeur, supporter, organizer.. you get the drift. Yes, life is a great balancing act. Men have to figure out how to balance things just as much as we do, although I wish I had the off switch like they do! :) It all comes down to your priorities. If your priority is to be focused on God, he will show you what is important & what is not. Yah, I'm still learning that one! Do you know what your priorities are?

(BTW: I'm sorry.. this is becoming a habit. Why do I feel the need to close my posts with a question?)

No comments:

Post a Comment