Wednesday, October 12, 2011

All the children who independent! Throw your hands at me!

WOW! At some point in every mother's life there has to be a time when she looks at her kids and thinks, "Are you already able to do that all by yourself?!" Yah, I'm at that point.

My older son (dang I should make a nickname for him.... how about Leonidas ) is 5 years old, and is a strong willed boy. At times he has the most gentle and caring heart ever. He's willing to do anything and everything for his brother, his father, or I. Then, there are those other times when he's more like a "leader". You - know, that fiery 5 year old boy who thinks he's head of the household. It's really fun.

My younger son (our little guy who we will call Don Juan) is an absolute heartthrob! You could have his hair long, medium, short and he will look just as adorable as ever (by the way... we have done all of those hairstyles on both boys. People thought we were insane. My hubby and I thought it was fun). He's 4, but seriously the size of a big 3 yr old. He probably gets his size from me. I'm short & petite. By short I mean like "middle-school-girls-are-taller-than-me" short. Well, actually....  everyone I meet is taller than me.

So my Don Juan is a laid back kid with a pretty much go-with-the-flow kinda attitude, and my Leonidas has a I-need-a-schedule-and-nothing-should-be-out-of-order kinda attitude. Leonidas is very independent, where Don Juan takes his time learning stuff. Don Juan would much rather have Leonidas do things for him, but he will participate when he feels like helping. It's so interesting to see 2 children so close in age (12 month and 5 days apart), but be so different.

The reason I have to point this out is because now Leonidas can get his own bowl, pour his own cereal, and pour his own milk. I gotta say... it's really, really, really nice not having to do everything, but fairly sad at the same time. Look out world! Here they come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment