Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's raining... It's pouring....


Tuesday morning felt like the picture above. All I could do is sit and shield my head as things (one after another) happened. I got up to do my usual work out in the morning (6:20 am to be exact), and 3/4 into the work out I tweaked my neck muscles doing a boxing exercise. In order to look left or right, I had to turn my shoulders whatever direction my head wanted to go. So the smart person that I claim to be said, "Wouldn't it be great to stretch out my back & my neck? Maybe it would alleviate the pressure!" I was so wrong....

I proceeded to drag out my back inverter (the thing you use to hang upside down to relieve back pain. It totally works & I love it. Just don't hang upside down for more than 20 seconds your first time. Your body isn't ready for that...). I had to put it back together because it breaks down for easy storage, so Leonidas volunteered to "help" me. Yah, he's the "helper" even when he's actually making things harder. This time, I have to give him credit for actually helping... imagine that! So I was lifting up the table part to connect it to the A frame, when all of a sudden a seriously massive metal object decides to jump out of it's place and land right on the top of my tiny (and when I say tiny, I mean I-shop-in-the-girls-shoe-section-size-2) foot!  What are the odds of that happening?! To top that off... on Saturday my son went to snuggle with me and his head bashed me in the nose (which had already been hit 2 Saturdays ago @ a birthday party.. another story in itself).

After I managed to vent out how ludicrous that morning had been, and when I had gained back what little composure I had, Leonidas asked me if I needed the item that fell. I realized that I was still holding up the table and could not let go because 1 side was still connected. I desperately needed the metal piece that fell so I could console my throbbing foot. Leonidas to the rescue!! I had no time to ice my foot afterwards because I was in a mad dash to cut up cheese for my son's snack day, take a shower, get dressed, out the door, and off to school.

I started to feel a little pity party coming, so I just praised God that I was still alive, and that my son wasn't in the way of that metal object. By the time I dropped the boys off at school I was smiling about my morning saying, "This is the day that the Lord has made. I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!!" At any time you can choose to lift up God, or reject his love/comfort. I will not be brought down by the adversary, and I REFUSE to give into his lies! The Lord is on my side & it is only through him that I have strength. I am a woman of God! Hear me ROAR!!


That morning (after I left the house) I danced in the rain instead of shielding my head. I took what it threw at me with a smile on my face. I ended up at the doctor's office yesterday. They took X-rays of both my nose & foot. God is good, God is great, God is wonderful. Neither one of them are broken. Good thing too because it was my right foot & I can't drive if it were in a boot! If the news had come back that my nose or foot had been broken... God would still be good. God would still be great. God would still be wonderful. I just would have a broken nose and foot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment