Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm not freakin out.... I'm freakin in!

Can I just say I LOVE the movie Kung Fu Panda? Call me dorky, immature, or even down right weird. I don't care. I love Jack Black's style of comedy. What can I say? By the way... my title is from Kung Fu Panda 2 - thank you very much.

Anyhow, last Wednesday Don Juan was complaining of an ear ache, so we made a doctor's appointment for him (and myself since I had been sick for 2 weeks and counting. I was actually getting worse rather than better...). We saw the doctor on Friday and she said that Don Juan definitely had an ear infection, but since he wasn't running a fever, still eating, and still urinating, that she didn't want to give an antibiotic yet. Uh, could I have used more commas than that in the previous sentence? Whatever. Anyhow, she proceeded to tell me that she suspected that I may have whooping cough! Also, if I had it, my sons probably have it too (since we've all been dealing with the cough/cold issue for 2 weeks & counting). Fun. So she swabbed the back of my son's & my nose (which felt like she was swabbing my brain) to be sent off for testing. Mind you this was Friday.... Which means nothing will begin processing until Monday.. and I won't get the results until - oh - Thursday? To top all of this off... we have been stuck in the house already (from being sick), and now we are quarantined until we get these results?! My boys are going crazy being inside of the house! I've been distracting them with chores (laundry, dishes, and cleaning) and playing, but they can only take so much of being inside for so long... they're 4 & 5 years old for goodness sakes!

On another note, My husband and I have a wedding to go to in Portland, OR this weekend. Notice I said... my husband and I.... YES! NO KIDS!! Don't get me wrong... I love my chilllllren, but sometimes as a mother, you just need your time away from them. God knew what he was doing because I'll be beyond ready to leave by the time Friday morning hits - HA! In case you haven't guessed it, I won't be blogging any of those days that I'll be gone... so sorry! But I'll have a nice juicy tutorial when I get back, so stay tuned! I have been working on it all week. Yes I know it's only Tuesday... okay, so all weekend? Who cares. I've just been working on the dang thing okay!

Seeings that I have a wedding to go to, I was scouring pinterest for a simple homemade wedding gift for these people (whom my husband knows, I don't). I found a few cute ideas, and I've come up with this (as long as my hubby gets the goods on where these people met & where they live... we already know they're getting married in Portland - duh!):


I found the tutorial HERE

Now don't get all mad at me because I didn't find your tutorial on pinterest. I'm just going by what I found. It's easy enough to do, and fairly personal. I'm also going to add this from my previous post:


Except it won't have the button bobby pins, and of course, it will say something different lol! This time I'll paint the whole board. Nice and neat. I'm tossing up between the cliche saying: 

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 

or 

Colossians 3:13-14
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Unless I find something else to put on there. I haven't asked the hubby yet. Maybe he has something else in mind. Either way, I think wedding gift wise - we're good. I'll do my best to post the pic of the frame I make if that's the route we go. Hopefully traveling with this thing will prove to be easy. We are taking the train (which I've never ridden on before....). It sounds promising. We don't have to drive, and we can relax together the whole way. I'm so excited! I can't wait until this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment