Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easy Laundry Basket

This was too easy for me not to post. During the garage sale season (my absolute FAVORITE time of the year might I add) I snagged a few burlap sacks, wood pant hangers, and a slew of other things. So when I was faced with the dilemma of clothes being thrown on the bathroom floor with no space for a laundry basket, I came up with this quick and easy fix!




All I did was lay newspaper on the inside of the bag (so that the letters didn't bleed through to the back), lay the letter stencil on the bag, and then I used a sharpie marker to fill in the letters. I just made this, so I haven't had a chance to wash it (after stenciling the letters on), so I'm not sure if the letters will bleed or not. I will do my best to update you if they do. 

After you stencil your letters on, clip the back of the bag with the pant hanger, slam a nail into the wall, hang your hanger on it, and call it good! Now you have a laundry bag that you don't trip over, AND it's easy enough for a guy to use!! I think I'm going to add this to my boys bathroom behind the door (it's a smaller bathroom) for them to drop their skivvies into before they take a bath. 

By the way, if something like this has been done before - please accept my apologies for not giving you credit. If you leave your link in the comments section I'll be happy to link you to this post. Thanks!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment