Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sporting the mohawk with long hair

Whoo hoo! I think I found my new favorite hairstyle :) I love styling my hair in different ways as much as I can. Usually I'll do my hair and makeup in the morning instead of cleaning up last night's mess in the kitchen. Call us slobs - whatever - my excuse? Hubby sleep eats. Yep, gets up in the middle of the night and eats in his "sleep". As you can guess, he's a guy (of course), and if you live with a guy you know that most of them are messy people. I'm not baggin on them... t's just in their nature.

SO! Anyhow - back to the subject - I never was the one getting ready before school (when I was in high school). I usually slept in until I absolutely had to get up, throw on some clothes, bush my hair, brush my teeth, and head out of the door. Besides... it was only high school. I seriously didn't wear my hair any other way other than down, or in a pony tail until I was in my early 20's. That goes for makeup too... I met a gal who I used to work with & she threw me into the fashion world. Plucking my eyebrows, putting on makeup, adding hairstyles, & clothes that were other colors besides black, white and gray invaded my life like a hornet's nest! I mean, she seriously taught me how to take care of myself as a girl. After having my first and second child, I went back to the no makeup, no cute hair (although I did add the well known pony tail that you pull half way through your rubber band letting the ends of your hair fan out like a peacock!), and sweatpants/pajamas regularly. So hot right? No... After realizing my lack of presentation, I've since come back to taking care of myself. Point is, I wasn't always a stylish girl with cute hair, cute clothes, or cute makeup... I was just lazy & blah... But you don't have to be! Doing your hair and makeup do make you feel confident, important, and just somewhat put together. Even if you are the furthest from it!

On a side note (yep we're taking a tangent trip... you should know that I take a lot of these - HA!), when you have kids.... please, please, please remember to take care of yourself!! Men are visual people, and when they arrive home.... well, lets just say that a woman in sweatpants and messy hair is only cute during the time that you're dating - and only acceptable when you're on your period lol! It's very easy to get lost in the whirlwind of caring for kids (stay at home momma's I'm talkin to you!), and I remember feeling like if I took any time out to care for myself (eating first before feeding the baby, taking a shower, getting dressed for the day, doing my makeup.... etc.) I would feel utterly selfish & that if I was not constantly taking care of my kids, that would render me a terrible mother. NOT TRUE!! If you don't take care of yourself (even eating right counts), you can't take care of your kids! If you don't feel good about yourself, it's easy to get depressed! Depression = not feeling like you want to get out of bed... thus... you don't feel like taking care of your kids. You still may get up and do what you need to do as a mother, but depression ROBS YOU OF THAT JOY! Okay. I'll step off the soap box now :)

Uh, this is ending up to be a longer post than I expected... sorry. I'll just show you the picture of what my hair looked like after all is said and done (it's what you're lookin for anyway right?):




So the first picture has a nice clean mirror in our bathroom (that way you didn't think we were completely gross... dirty microwave, messy kitchen in the morning... add a dirty mirror or two, and you might just be getting some thoughts in your head that we may be slobs or something...). However, the second picture was taken in my boy's bathroom because it has new light bulbs and just overall better lighting. Which also shows the toothpaste splatter paint that is reflecting in the second picture. Or maybe you wouldn't even notice that until I've said something. In that case, just don't look too close at the second picture :)

Yay for the mohawk! If you want to learn how to do this seriously awesome hairstyle, you can find it HERE. This hairstyle is totally fun, spunky, and in your face. Just the way I like it. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment