Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ridiculously easy microwave cleaning

Can I share a secret? I used to absolutely hate cleaning my microwave. It ran up there with the 'I hate cleaning the top of our refrigerator, I hate dusting, I hate cleaning in that little crevasse between the washer and dryer.....' Well you get the idea....

Anyhow, this tip has saved me (and my flappy triceps) some serious scrubbing. Now all I have to do is wipe in order to get my microwave clean :) The only problem is that since it's so easy to do, the ACTUAL chore still rarely gets done because it's lack of difficulty... Isn't it ironic? Whatever.

So I began with a sauce splattered microwave:


(Don't judge me)

Added a big glass bowl of water and microwave the water for about 10 minutes (or longer if you've put off cleaning it for a long time - Ha!)




Pull out your bowl (being careful NOT to spill the hot water on YOU, OR the CHILDREN that think it's funny to dart in front of you when you're carrying a hot bowl of death)

I did not take a picture of the next step because if you don't know hot to do this without a picture, then.... I'm not sure you're cut out for this cleaning thing... Anyhow! Wipe the inside of your microwave with a cloth. If you still have those stubborn stains, or particles of splattered food that just insist on clinging to the walls of your microwave,  or if you're just plain lazy like me... you can repeat the 'microwave your bowl of water' step instead of scrubbing.

Step back and go "AAAAAAHHHH! AREN'T YOU PRETTY?!"


Then, think about how easy that was, and do what I do.... make it one of the last things on your list to clean lol! Anytime I'm feeling I haven't done much house work, I do this, and get a big "Wow honey! The microwave looks awesome!" Maybe that's the trick to cleaning... don't clean it until you (or someone else) can't stand it. Then when you do clean it, you'll get major recognition for being a good house wife! That's not what I do on purpose.... it just sometimes happens that way.... ONLY to my microwave might I add! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment